Tuesday 9 July 2013

Closet Tour!

Hey everyone! :) Today i decided to reorganize my closet because it was looking quite cluttered. I thought it might be fun to share a closet tour with you guys and show what i keep in it, and how i organize it!

DISCLAIMER: All items throughout my closet ere either bought by myself with my own money or given to me as gifts through family and friends. This post is not to brag about what I have. If you don't like it, don't read the post please.

First off, instead of having doors on my closet, i have curtains going across. I got these from Walmart, and I'm not sure what brand these are but if you go to the curtain aisle in your i'm sure you can find these or something very similar.


Once you open the curtain, here's an over view.



I'm going to go in depth with all the shelves but to start off, to the right of the closet, on the floor there's just some shoes in the corner that i don't wear much and a bag of Christmas and birthday cards that I've kept from over the years. The Hanging bar just has some pull over sweaters, and zip up hoodies, as well as some baggy T-shirts that i use to sleep in and work out in because they are comfier then fitted shirts. To the Left of the hanging shelves, I have overnight bags, gym bags, and backpacks. There are also some reusable lululemon bags on the floor that hold stuff that i use for volleyball. (knee high socks, knee pads, etc.) There is also another hanging bar that has my dresses, skirts, and dressier shirts and cardigans that i wear when i go out. 

Lets get into the separate shelves now! I have them numbered in each picture to make it easier for you guys to understand :)





Okay, so starting with the built in shelving unit, I got this at my local hardware store, but i'm sure Ikea has something similar. On the very top of the unit, I have purses and clutches that i only use once in awhile. Beside them, i have a basket with a lid. Inside, I have extra products. So hairspray, Sunscreen, nail polish remover, etc. I have open versions of these products in my bathroom but this basket has extras for when i run out. So then on shelf number 1. I have three purses that I switch between. The one in the front is the cross-body bag I've been using the most lately. I also keep my Sunglasses in their case on this shelf. Shelf number 2. has all my candles, and as you can see majority of them are from Bath and Body Works! I also have my little monsters university and despicable me 2 figurines as decor. On Shelf number 3. I have all my perfumes, body sprays, lotions, and body butters. For decor, i also keep a star fish from the Bahamas, and a fan from mexico. Shelf Number 4. counts as both the last two shelves because they are both just full of books, books, and more books! On the floor beneath the last shelf i have all the shoes i pull out the most. I have my runners and flip flops at easy reach. Then behind those i have one pair of black heels that go with everything, a pair of heeled boots, and some flats. 






Now onto the hanging shelf! You can get these at Walmart and Target and they are a really inexpensive way to organize. I didn't number this one so we're just going to go from top to bottom. On the top shelf i have 5 make up bags. The first one has all my every day makeup, the second holds all my brushes, the next holds extra makeup i don't use everyday but i still use pretty regularly. The one after that has all my lipsticks, lip balms, and glosses (i still keep my everyday ones in the first makeup bag, these are just the rest of them) and the last one has medical stuff like band-aids, after bite, tooth freezing gel for when my wisdom teeth start to bother me, and vicks vapor rub. The rest of my makeup is in storage, if it isn't something i use normally. The next two shelves just have a bunch of tank tops (they look messy but i promise i folded them all). The next one under that has a face powder i use very day but if i put it in the make up bag it becomes super messy when i open it because it is a loose power. I have my brush shampoo, A handsanitizer, a sephora bag with all my samples in it, and behind that i have my palettes. The Next shelf is really random. I have my DS, Random chargers, A Christmas stocking (i have no idea what this is doing here LOL) and some more random stuff that just never found a home in my bedroom, bathroom, or office. And the last and final shelf has a bunch of books that were cluttering my book shelves. They are either books i won't read anytime soon, or are childrens books that i don't plan to read myself but won't throw out or give away. 


I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe it gave you some inspiration to reorganize an area in your home like your closets :) Happy organizing! 

- Chantel :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment